Posted by Ron Barron in Untagged
New Commons is a consultancy firm
New Commons researches, creates, and applies the next generation of thinking and processes to accelerate the evolution of next generation organizations, economies, communities, and networks. We work with groups & teams; entrepreneurs & business leaders; organizations & communities—world wide. Our principal has a unique approach in his consulting know-how as well as the network we use to match solutions to a community, organizational or business challenge. We host a variety of events and forums to help people think, link and do using a fresh lens. Visit: www.newcommons.com.
We want a Client and Office Coordinator that wants to make a difference in the world and to grow. This is not a JOB. This is an opportunity! The Client & Office Coordinator is responsible for implementation of all logistics, media outreach and documentation of our client projects and other initiatives. The position requires extreme attention to detail and anticipating logistical needs as well as troubleshooting unexpected needs.
Professional experience required: three to five years of office or logistical experience with exceptional level of producing documents and planning, promoting and executing events. You must be able to manage your time and complete multiple tasks at the same time. You can easily anticipate needs even without having all of the information up front. The right person will be mature in his or her presentation and meeting of client needs. We expect the coordinator to teach us something about executing an event with efficiency and effectiveness. This position is also a great experience to learn first-hand about the workings of a consultant practice and managing a small business.
The job requires someone to be dependable and capable of initiating action with little or no supervision in an extremely fast-paced office as well as be flexible with client demands: we are all associates in this firm. From a culture perspective, he or she must be able to work with high level executives, co-workers, and contractors with equal attentiveness. You must have a professional and friendly manner in interacting with clients. As a consulting firm, we juggle multiple tasks daily and want individuals who are present and responsive in their job and able to work with BOTH client and co-worker needs.
This position will report directly to the CEO and Senior Consultant of our firm.
- Produce documents – editing and proof reading skills necessary.
- Execute client contracts, invoice clients on a regular basis, pay bills as needed, and track project billable time and expenses reporting to client lead against budget.
- Understand and execute on-site and off-site workshop logistics.
- Maintain and track the registration/membership lists and/or payments for our initiatives and workshops.
- Produce emails that promote events, products, or initiatives as needed.
- Perform day-to-day office maintenance duties such as inventory supplies, ordering, and stocking supplies.
- Maintain and update office filing systems and customer contact database.
- Answer and route phone calls from the main line and messages from the general email.
- Maintain and ensure the aesthetics and cleanliness of our studio with vendors and others as needed.
- Responsible for functionality and maintenance of office equipment.
- Handle and trouble shoot with firm’s technology technician.
- Manage the relationship with the studio’s cleaning company.
- Perform other coordinator duties as requested.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent years of background and experience to equal degree)
- 3-5 years experience working in coordination, research, or business setting
- Strong oral and written communication skills, especially in ability to create documents that are well written and formatted
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong organizing skills: ability to problem solve and work independently
- Accountable for results
- Strong collaborative skills and teamwork values
- Facile with website tools such as content management systems (for updating the website), online flight/ booking programs, HTML e-mail programs, and or registration tools, as well as the Microsoft office products: Outlook, Word and Excel. You will know how to use Adobe Acrobat and PhotoShop.
- Strong time management skills (you will be tracking billable time)
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Flexible schedule including some evenings and early mornings
- Fun loving
Terms and Compensation: Full-time, non-exempt position with a salary range of $25,040 – $29,000 year commensurate with proven effectiveness at this kind of work. 10 paid holidays, 2 weeks of personal time of (PTO) accrued by month. PTO includes: sick, vacation and personal time. It is expected that an employee will wait at least 1 month before using the time for vacation, sick, or other personal need. The first three months are a trial period to assess the fit and task execution capability. Office hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm with some late evenings and early mornings required for meetings in the studio.
New Commons is committed to elegantly transforming organizations, cities, communities—and especially the people who make them work—to meet the challenges of a dynamic environment in the new century.
Please: no phone calls or unsolicited visits. If you do so it will reflect poorly on your application.
Email your cover letter, writing sample, and your resume and any other supporting materials to: